7. Land Ho! Landscape Requirements
It’s time to focus on what our area offers in abundance: Landscape!
Your final product for this assignment will be four images shot to include the following compositional techniques:
- One image with Steelyard composition https://500px.com/photo/48576006/the-matron-by-alex-chamberlain?from=user
- One image with ⅓ horizon composition
- One image with radiating lines (This CANNOT include bicycle spokes)
- One image with a compound curve (This CANNOT be a road)
All of these images should be shot in early morning, or sunset light. No middle-of-the-day shots. Shooting at another time will hurt your grade.
The individual images do not have to exclude the other compositional techniques but you should have at least one image showcasing each one of the techniques above. While this assignment focuses on composition, you will be graded on all of the elements of your photo including focus, exposure, effort, technique, presentation, etc.
This assignment is for Digital Photography course (ART 2060) at Dixie State University in St. George, Utah taught by Alex Chamberlain in the Fall of 2015.